Ready to start your first shift delivering to hungry customers? Here are the basics of using the Courier App.
Starting your shift and accepting offers
It’s best to start your shift inside your delivery zone to get matched with offers. When you receive a new offer, you can see the total earnings for the order, the pickup and delivery locations, and the estimated driving distance. All you have to do is swipe to accept the offer and head to the pickup location.
You always have the option to accept or decline any offer that’s matched to you. Declining an offer won’t result in being suspended from the network or the loss of future shifts.
Picking up orders at restaurants or vendors
Want to save time? After you accept an offer, you can read the special instructions from the restaurant and review the address before you get on the road. You can use the directions shortcut to get the map directions and start navigation in your preferred app.
When you get to the pickup location, swipe to update your status. Your delivery status is shared with the customer and the restaurant or vendor, letting them track the progress of the order so they’re ready when you get there.
Bring your thermal bags with you, the restaurant will ask for it! When you enter the restaurant or vendor, you can kindly notify the staff that you are here to collect a SkipTheDishes order. Confirm the order number with the restaurant to ensure you pick up the correct one.
Secure the order in your thermal bag to keep it at the right temperature for the remainder of delivery, then swipe to confirm the order was collected and update your delivery status.
Cash orders are suspended due to COVID-19.
Delivering to the customer
Before driving, check the special instructions from the customer for information about their location. You can use the directions shortcut to get the map directions and start navigation in your preferred app.
If you run into issues while completing a delivery, like trouble finding the address, you can try calling the customer directly for more information using the in-app call feature.
Swipe to update your status when you arrive, and follow the special instructions from the customer about where to meet the customer, or drop off the order.
*In response to COVID-19, all deliveries are now contactless and cash orders have been suspended to help couriers and customers keep a safe distance. For more information, read: Contactless delivery
Swipe to confirm the delivery is complete and you’ll be ready to receive new offers immediately. Continue completing deliveries and watch your earnings add up. For more information, read: How courier pay works.
Pausing offers or ending your shift
You can choose to Pause Offers while on a shift in the Courier App. This way you’ll not receive offers when you’re temporarily unavailable, taking a moment to eat, fill up the tank, or make a pit stop before resuming your shift.
If you want to stop receiving offers for the remainder of your shift, you can choose to End Shift at any time. Your status will also automatically update to offline after your shift ends. In the last hour of your shift, keep an eye out for shift extension offers to keep your earnings on a roll.
Delivery Best Practices
- If you’re matched with an offer, but you’re unable to complete a delivery, you can decline the offer.
- If you accept the offer but realize you cannot complete the delivery, use the chat function to get the order unmatched.
- Remember to update your status accurately during each stage of the delivery process so customers can track the order progress.
- Check the pickup instructions provided by restaurants in the app to save time and maximize pickup time.
- Remember to only mark “Parked at Restaurant” if you are at the restaurant and still waiting to pick up the order.
- Remember, if you have to leave the restaurant for any reason (before or after you pick up the order), remove your status from “Parked at Restaurant”.
- Double-check the special delivery instructions provided by the customer to avoid delivery delays.
- Remember, if you fill up your gas tank prior to your shift, you can avoid stops and delays while completing a delivery.
- Remember that you can always pause “offers” in the app if you want to temporarily stop receiving offers
Please be aware that marking an order as delivered without attempting delivery or updating your status incorrectly in a way that directly or indirectly leads to financial gain is a breach of your courier agreement and can impact your network access.