If you received a suspicious message claiming to be from SkipTheDishes, you can report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
If you have disclosed your personal information in error, the Canadian Anti-Fraud website provides steps to help protect yourself from fraud. Steps you can take include:
- Gather all information about the fraud. This includes documents, receipts, copies of emails, and/or text messages
- Report the incident to your local law enforcement.
- Contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll-free at 1-888-495-8501 or through the Fraud Reporting System (FRS)
- Contact your bank and/or financial institution and/or credit company to report the Incident
- Place flags on all your accounts and report to both credit bureaus:
- Equifax: 1-800-465-7166
- TransUnion: 800-663-9980
As an independent contractor, it is your responsibility to ensure that you take the necessary steps to secure your account and payment information.
Please make sure you report such instances to the Skip team by using the non-live chat function or by emailing us at email@example.com so we can follow up with you.
Tips to keep your courier account secure:
- Never share your login information, including any two-factor authentication code(s) sent to your phone
- Change your password regularly
- Report suspicious messages immediately
For more information on how to protect your personal information, visit this online safety resource from the Government of Canada.